A few things to know about preparing for your boudoir session
Don’t be nervous!
You’ve taken the leap! After contemplating it for ages, scrolling through Pinterest pictures, and wondering if you could ever rock that look – you’ve finally gone ahead and booked a session in my beautiful studio just outside Columbus Ga and Fort Moore. And guess what? The nerves are real!
It’s a mix of excitement and jitters because, let’s be honest, the idea of posing half-naked in front of someone you don’t know is a bit intimidating. Those little imperfections we all have, the bumps and curves we’re not too fond of – they’re all there in your mind.
But hold on, there’s a flip side. You’re also stoked about this. It’s about feeling drop-dead gorgeous and embracing your beautiful, sexy self. This is your treat, your celebration of you – a stunning, confident woman.
We ladies tend to wait around, don’t we? Waiting for that perfect moment, that perfect situation. Yet, in reality, today is that moment. The right time is right now.
Let’s talk boudoir sessions. They’re not about fitting into some “ideal” mold or shape. They’re about honoring yourself, indulging in self-care, making a day about you. They’re about feeling irresistible, alluring, and oh-so-glamorous. Plus, they’re an absolute blast!
So, how do you prep for this day? What should you wear? These are the questions I get from almost all my boudoir clients. And guess what? There are a few pointers to keep in mind to ensure you have the time of your life here in my studio. 😉
What to wear for your boudoir session
You’ve gotta discover your style, the vibe that speaks to you. Imagine the clothes, those killer heels, and the accessories that’ll rock your shoot. Flip through magazines, scroll Pinterest for inspo, and raid your closet for those pieces that make your heart skip. Oh, and sometimes that oversized sweater? It’s a total win for a soft, sizzling look. And hey, what about that old lingerie tucked away in the drawer?
Time for some serious fun – call up your BFF and hit the mall in Columbus, GA, Peachtree City or elsewhere in the country. Try on everything from classy to sassy. You might be surprised. Sometimes a lacey hipster brings more oomph than a teeny thong. Let’s talk corsets. They might not be the coziest, but they’re like magic for curves.
Now, let’s think about your special someone. What makes their jaw drop (apart from nothing at all)? Any sentimental stuff? That necklace or lingerie they got you way back on your first trip or an anniversary? And if you’re second-guessing, pack it anyway! Seriously, better to have too many outfit options than too few.
Feeling uncertain? Need a second opinion? Text me right from the store. I’m totally up for helping you decide. Let’s make your shoot sizzle! 📸🔥
A few days before your boudoir session
- If you wax, do so a few days before your shoot to avoid any bumpiness or redness
- Be sure to get a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish
- Please do not spray tan, it creates a lot of yellow tones
- Avoid sunburns
- Drink lots of water for luminous skin
- If you tend to retain water lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol
- Try on outfits and make sure they fit properly, especially if they do come from your bottom drawer
- Remove all tags and labels, steam or iron your ensemble.
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed.
- Don’t freak out about the off-course suddenly out of nowhere appearing pimple, I can touch those up in post-processing of your pictures
The day before your shoot…
- Bathe, shave and moisturize
- Double-check everything is packed for your shoot
- Enjoy a relaxed, quiet evening and plan for a good night’s sleep
- Leave our house in time for your hair and makeup appointment. A lot of women are very good with makeup, if you are not blessed with such talent, do invest in a professional makeup artist. I work with several wonderful ladies I can highly recommend. It will make an incredible difference in your pictures and this is of all things not where you want to save money. Fake lashes are a must, even if this is the only time in your life you will ever wear them.
- Use clear deodorant please
- Wear loose-fitting clothing to your session to avoid red marks on your skin (no jeans, tight socks or tight clothing, don’t wear your bra too tight)
- Eat something light but filling before your leave
And most important:
Take a deep breath and relax!
I’ve been in the game for years, taking pictures of women of all ages and sizes. I know how to showcase your fabulousness from the most awesome angles. Don’t worry about a thing – I’ll help you strike those poses and we’ll rock those shots together! 📸🌟
If you have any more questions, of if there is anything I did not cover, please feel free to contact me.
Ready to book your boudoir session in Columbus, GA? Get in touch!